Finding used car dealers in Maryland has never been easier, as there seems to be a dealership on almost every corner. The challenge may be finding a reputable establishment and completing the appropriate paperwork in a timely manner.
Whether you purchase from an individual or a dealership, there are certain requirements necessary to complete the sale and purchase of a pre-owned vehicle. They include:
- The vehicle title, which must have the transfer of title section completed by the seller, your signature and date of sale, seller’s signature and date of sale and the reading on the odometer if the auto is less than 10 years old.
- If the purchase price is not listed on the title, you should also request a bill of sale.
- If the vehicle was purchased out of state, you will need the VIN or vehicle identification number that can usually be found engraved on the top of the dashboard and/or underneath the hood of the car.
- When you leave the dealer, you will have 30 days to register with the department of motor vehicles.
- Bring proof of insurance, completed vehicle title and payment for fees to the DMV office.
It can also be beneficial to request a vehicle history report to have information about maintenance that has been completed, whether the auto has been in a crash and if there have been any recalls that affect the car.
To locate one of the many trustworthy used car dealers inMaryland and drive away in a dependable pre-owned vehicle, consult Best100Dealers.com.