When you set out to buy a brand-new vehicle, you have several decisions to make before you go any further. You need to find a reputable dealer, select the specific make and model that you want and need, have enough money for a down payment and decide whether you will finance or pay in cash. The best new car dealers can guide you through the process and make it go as smoothly as possible.
Here are some tips to follow to ensure that you get a great deal on a premium auto from a trustworthy dealership:
- Don’t be tempted to visit the dealer during sales events advertised by direct mail. These sales usually only strive to profit the dealer.
- Inspect and test drive several autos.
- Don’t negotiate your monthly payments but do feel free to get a better overall price on the car before discussing a trade-in or financing.
- Don’t feel pressured to buy extras that are not necessary.
- Extended warranties are not needed for vehicles with a reliable history.
- Closely read your contract to be certain that you understand all terms and that you are not being charged for something that you did not agree to.
- If you are financing, pay the down payment with a credit card as extra insurance against fraud.
- Complete all paperwork before driving off the lot.
- Do not take the car home if repairs must be made or accessories installed.
For an accurate and well-researched listing of the best new car dealers in your area, visit Best100Dealers.com or call (888) 226-3710. We have done the hard work for you in eliminating dealers who may not have your best interests in mind.